Handling Frozen Ion Exchange Resin
Tips for Resin Storage & Handling
December 21st marks the Winter Solstice – daylight slowly increases and temperatures may go below freezing.
Ion exchange resin beads freeze easily! During transport resin may be left in unheated trailers overnight or for a couple days before arrival at its destination.
- Store ion exchange resin at temperatures between 35-80° F (2-27° C).
- Resin should be thawed out slowly at room temperature. Don’t heat or steam the resin.
- Performance may be affected if resin is frozen and thawed multiple times.
- Make no attempt to mechanically free frozen resin as it will damage the beads.
- Temperature controlled trucks are available at extra cost but usually unnecessary.
If you have questions don’t hesitate to call us.
Urbans Aqua is a stocking wholesaler of Residential & Commercial Water Treatment Equipment and Supplies including Ion Exchange Resin; Calgon & Jacobi Activated Carbon; Filterag Plus; GreensandPlus; Pyrolox Advantage; KDF; Birm; Sand/Gravel; Clack, Fleck & AqMatic valves; Stenner Pumps & Parts.