We don’t just brag about our extensive water treatment knowledge we are putting the words to this virtual paper. The purpose of the “Mike-O-Pedia” is to share knowledge with our peers. We will be posting on a regular basis and look forward to answering questions or discussing comments and applications with our dealer customer base.
We will collect and frequently update the Mike-o-Pedia. (Mike’s a little self-centered, you may find tidbits from others too but, of course, we run it through Mike.) This information is listed in the FAQ’s.
Be sure to check out our podcast- It’s Your Water, for more information and conversations about water treatment subjects.
Current and future customers can find:
- Solutions and answers to simple or complicated water treatment problems.
- Product updates – for example valves that might become obsolete, new product introductions.
- Short cuts or hints that may enhance product performance.
- Product recommendations
WQRF Contaminant Occurrence Map
The new Contaminant Occurrence Map displays data in the United States for regulated drinking water contaminants that have an enforceable level (MCL or Action Level) above the health-based goal level (MCLG) and also aesthetic contaminants that can cause taste, odor and color or staining issues.
- The Contaminant Occurrence data collection effort gathered water quality data over the last 10 years for 57 different drinking water contaminants in the United States.
- The mapping tool provides a visual illustration of this occurrence data provided by the states and through US EPA UCMR4.
- This map shows statistical summaries of all data, not regulatory compliance.
Unregulated Contaminant Map
The containment map was generated using data from the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR3), an initiative by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that gathered data from public water systems reporting unregulated contaminants. Click on each step to find the contaminants in the area you wish to select.
The content in the “Mike-O-Pedia is always growing, check back frequently.