Cerapure-MAC is a proprietary blend¹ of manganese dioxide, metal alloy and activated carbon permanently attached to a highly textured, ceramic granular substrate.
- Iron oxidation and filtration
- Manganese oxidation and filtration
- Hydrogen Sulfide removal
- Eliminates Oxidants from feed water including chlorine, chloramine, ozone and hydrogen peroxide.²
- Membrane Pre-Treatment = Lower SDI
- > 90% removal of 5-micron particles; 99% removal of 10-micron particles.
Features & Benefits
- Ideal for potable water applications that use dissolved air (ozone, AIO) or chemical oxidants (chlorine, chloramine, peroxide) for pre-oxidation of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide.
- Removes manganese and iron, reduces oxidation levels and simultaneously prevents oxidants from entering the treated water effluent.²
- Uses a metal alloy to prevent biological fouling of the media and ensure a longer active life than any other media.
- Metal alloy is lead-free copper & zinc.
- It has been tested to confirm reduction of bacterial content.
- Eliminates the potential for iron bacterial overgrowth.
- Significantly improved filtration performance compared toMnO2 medias.
- Small effective size and low uniformity coefficient ensures excellent particle removal and retention.
- Can be used as a direct replacement for all existing iron removal filters.
- NSF/ANSE-61 Certified
- Typical operating life is 5-7 years.
- pH should exceed 6.5
- Will not increase pH
- No maximum temperature limit
- Very durable, will not breakdown with high differential & flow rates.
- Cerapure-MAC Literature
Product Specifications - Cerapure-MAC
|Effective Size||0.25 mm - 0.30 mm
|Uniformity Coefficient||<1.4 (1.25 typical)
|Recommended Bed Depth||24"
|Recommended Service Flow||8.0 gpm/sq.ft.
|Backwash Rate||10-12 gpm/sq.ft.
|Operational pH||6.5 - 9.5
|Screen Grade (dry)||50 x 60 mesh
|Max. DP Across Bed||30 psi
|Packaging||44 lb. bag (0.50 cu.ft.)
- Patent Pending
- In applications where disinfection is required position equipment after Cerapure-MAC.
- Various effective sizes and uniformity coefficients are available upon request.