Filter Ag® Media Overview
- Urbans Aqua stocks filter media for quick shipment.
- Filter media types are various and often specific to applications.
- Urbans Aqua works closely with manufacturers to understand media limitations and practical application.
- When introducing new products, we connect the manufacturer to dealers across to country to measure the perceived results against actual.
- Filter-Ag® is silica, crystalline quartz media. Commonly used in sediment filters for the reduction of suspended solids down to the 20-40-micron range.
- Very good at trapping the fragile iron flock that forms after soluble or dissolved iron is oxidized via aeration, ozonation and chlorination.
- Its larger particle size creates less pressure drop and allows deeper sediment penetration into the bed for higher sediment loading and longer filter runs.
- Filter-Ag® systems have a smaller footprint and require less water.
- Shipping cost is lower than comparable, high density products.
- Replacement of sand with Filter-Ag® in existing installations may increase capacity by 100%. Adjust for its light weight before starting up. Sand is 100 lbs. per cubic foot. Filter-Ag® is 25 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Filter-Ag® filters can be positioned ahead of softeners.
- Bed Depth 24-36”
- Max Temperature: 140° F
- Freeboard: 50%
- Service flow rate: 5 gpm per ft2
- Backwash rate: 8-10 gpm per ft2
- Backwash bed expansion: 20-40%
- Soak overnight before backwashing
- Color: Light gray to near white
- Mesh Size: 10×34
- Effective Size: 0.67 mm
- Ph: wide
- Bulk Density: 24-26 lbs.
- UC: 2.1