Filter Ag Plus® Overview
Filter Ag Plus® is clinoptilolite, an environmentally friendly, all-natural media. When used in deep bed filtration Filter Ag Plus® can reduce suspended solids down to 5 microns or less.
- Filter-Ag® systems have a smaller footprint and require less water.
- Shipping cost is lower than comparable, high density products.
- Deep bed filtration results in superior water quality and reduces load on downstream equipment
- Replacement of media with Filter Ag Plus® in existing applications may increase filter capacity
- Filter Ag Plus® –Single media can be used to replace multimedia filter designs.
- Filter-Ag Plus® systems have a smaller footprint, use less water and cost less to ship.
- Bed Depth 24-48” (36” is optimal)
- Max Temperature: 140° F
- Freeboard: 50%
- Service flow rate: 12-20 gpm per ft2
- Backwash rate: 14-18 gpm per ft2
- Backwash bed expansion: 30-40%
- Saturate before backwashing
- Gravel support bed required
- Influent water quality and effluent requirements may affect operating parameters.
- Color: White to off-white
- Mesh Size: 14×30
- Effective Size: 0.55 mm
- pH: wide range
- Bulk Density: 50 lbs./ft3
- UC: 1.8
Comparison Chart - GreensandPlus, Katalox-Light, PyroloxAdvantage
|NSF Tested & Certified||Standard 61||Standard 61||Standard 61|
|Standard Package||0.5 cf bag|
|1 cf bag|
|0.5 cf bag
|% Manganese Dioxide||<5%||>9.5%||12.5%|
|Service Flow Rate||2-12 gpm/sq.ft.||6-12 gpm/sq.ft.||2-12 gpm/sq.ft.|
|Backwash Flow Rate @ 55 deg F||12 gpm/sq.ft. (Note A)||12 gpm/sq.ft. (Note A)||12 gpm/sq.ft. (Note A)|
|Regeneration||Intermittent or Continuous - Chlorine||During backwash (Note B)||Intermittent or Continuous - Chlorine or O2|
- Note A: Backwash rates vary – increase for higher temp.; decrease for lower temp. (Contact Urbans Aqua for more information.)
- Note B: If insufficient O2 use Chlorine, Hydrogen Peroxide, Oxygen or Potassium Permanganate during backwash.