- Urbans Aqua stocks GreensandPlus® for quick shipment.
- Filter media types are various and often specific to applications.
- Urbans Aqua works closely with manufacturers of media to understand media limitations and practical application.
- When introducing new products, we connect the manufacturer to dealers across to country to measure the perceived results against actual.
GreensandPlus is a proven technology for iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide, and arsenic removal. GreensandPlus is an exact replacement for Manganese Greensand.
Unlike Greensand, GreensandPlus can regenerated with chlorine, not just potassium permanganate.
- Iron and Manganese Removal
- Soluble iron and manganese are removed by contact oxidation directly on the GreensandPlus grains.
- Hydrogen Sulfide Removal
- GreensandPlus directly oxidizes sulfide and catalyzes the oxidation reaction.
- Arsenic and Radium Removal
- GreensandPlus can be used to remove arsenic and radium from ground water in the presence of iron and manganese respectively. (Contact UA for further details.)
- Simple softener like regeneration with chlorine.
- Where iron removal is the focus, catalytic oxidation operation is recommended.
- GreensandPlus can be used for Intermittent or Continuous Regeneration.
- Intermittent Regeneration (Regenerate, place in service) Point of Entry Residential Applications
- Soluble iron and manganese are removed by contact oxidation.
- GreensandPlus directly oxidizes sulfide and catalyzes the oxidation reaction. The resultant precipitates are removed by filtration in the GreensandPlus bed.
- Regenerate prior to the exhaustion of the GreensandPlus is recommended
- Continuous Regeneration – Municipal Applications
- According to the manufacturer, “in some installations, better performance may be achieved by oxidizing soluble iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide and arsenic prior to the GreensandPlus filter”.
- Continual feed of chlorine ahead of the filter causes the contaminants to oxidize and drop out of solution. The GreensandPlus then filters out the contaminants.
- It is necessary to maintain a chlorine residual throughout the process.
Mesh size: 18 x 60
Effective Size: 0.30 – 0.35 mm
UC: < 1.6
pH Range: 6.2-8.5
Density: 80 lbs. per ft3
Service Flow Rate: 2-12 gpm/ft2
Backwash Rate: 12 gpm/ft2 minimum
Minimum Bed Depth: 15” for dual bed; 30” for single bed.
Bed Expansion: 40%