KDF® 55 & 85 – Media Overview
- Urbans Aqua stocks KDF 55 & KDF 85 for quick shipment.
KDF® Media are high-purity copper-zinc granules. The REDOX, (exchange of electrons), reaction removes chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, soluble heavy metals and microorganisms from water. Use KDF®55 is used to remove the chlorine in municipal or city water. KDF®85 effectively removes ferrous iron and hydrogen sulfide. It may be used alone or to protect existing water filters.
Operation – Whole house system with service flow of 4 to 11 gpm
- Use 3 cycle valve
- Daily backwashing is required, otherwise the media may become fouled.
- Service Flow: 15 gpm/ft2
- Backwash for 10 minutes at twice the service flow rate
- Purge/rinse for 3 minutes at twice the service flow rate
- Bed expansion, backwash: 10-15%
- Free board: 20%
- Minimum bed depth (6” diameter): 10”
- pH range: drinking water: 6.5-8.5
- Water temperature, influent: 35°-212°F
- Distributor: Fine slotted bottom stacked recommended
- Filter media types are various and often specific to applications.
- Urbans Aqua works closely with manufacturers to understand media limitations and practical application.
- When introducing new products, Urbans Aqua connects manufacturers to dealers across to country to measure the perceived results against actual.
- KDF is NSF Certified NSF Certification Information