MetSorb® Arsenic Filter Media
MetSorb arsenic media is used to reduce arsenic contamination from drinking water. Arsenic is a grey, semi-metal element. Arsenic enters ground water from both natural sources and human activity. Contamination can sometimes be traced to deep-water brines produced from gas and oil well drilling. It is also be found in wood preservatives and may be a byproduct of herbicide production.
MetSorb adsorbs lead, both forms of arsenic and a variety of contaminants found in well water or municipal drinking water. Empty bed contact times (EBCT) can as low as 10 seconds achieve high removal efficiencies. MetSorb’s adsorptive capacity is 7-12 grams of arsenic per kilogram (g/kg) of HMRG adsorbent in drinking water applications with a pH range of 6.5-8.5. In industrial applications much higher capacities have been measured – up to 400 g/kg.
Features & Benefits
- Nonhazardous disposal as solid waste
- High adsorbent capacity resulting in less frequent replacement
- Works effectively at high flow rates
- NSF Certified
- No regeneration chemicals required
- Reduced and (in some cases eliminated) frequency of backwash
- Reduced equipment footprint
- Simple installation & startup
- Extremely fast kinetics: generally 1.5 to 3 minutes empty bed contact time (EBCT)
|MetSorb HMRG Specifications|
|Appearance||White granular solid|
|Moisture Content||< 7%|
|Bulk Density||40 lbs. per cu. ft.
0.65 grams per cc
|Particle Size||-16/+60 US Mesh
(other sizes available)