Pyrolox and Pyrolox Advantage Overview
- Urbans Aqua stocks Pyrolox Advantage for quick shipment.
- Filter media types are various and often specific to applications.
- Urbans Aqua works closely with manufacturers to understand media limitations and practical application.
- When introducing new products, we connect the manufacturer to dealers across to country to measure the perceived results against actual.
- May be used as a direct replacement for GreensandPlus.
Pyrolox® media is effective for the reduction of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide. Regular backwashing is essential for long-term success.
- Pyrolox® weighs 120 pounds per cubic foot. The suggested backwash rate is 18-25 gpm/sq.ft.
- Oxidant injection upstream of the Pyrolox® filter is strongly recommended. Chlorine, air injection, and potassium permanganate are acceptable. Avoid injection of Peroxide as it will cause the leaching of manganese from Pyrolox.
- Sub-fill is necessary – Garnet weighs slightly more than Pyrolox® and is acceptable.