Res Care Cleaner for Softeners & Tannin Systems®
Res Care®, a specially formulated mild acid based liquid cleaner, is designed to clean resin pores of iron, manganese, silt, metal particles and organic compounds that cause softener inefficiencies including:
- Lower Capacity
- Increased Salt Usage
- Reduced Life Span
Regular use of Res Care will restore the softener beads and control valve parts back to peak efficiency and increase the life of the unit. For best results, use a Pro Easy Feeder® or manually add Res Care during the softener regeneration cycle to prevent mineral build up.
Res Care® is available in 4 oz. (RK50N), 64 oz. (RK64N), 1 qt. (RK32N) and 1 gal. (RK41N) sizes along with kits of 1 oz. (RK11K) and .5 oz. (RK15K)
Res Care Benefits:
- Prevents iron and mineral build-up on integral parts of the softener including the control valve and softener resin.
- Maintains maximum performance of water softener system.
- Easy to use, non-electric, feeder system.
- NSF Certified
Res Care Application:
Water Softener Systems
- Pro Easy Feeder®:
- Hang the Easy Feeder according to instructions on packaging for automatic cleaning.
- Easy Feeder Video
- First Application:
- Pour 4 oz. (1/2 cup) of Pro Res Care® per cubic foot directly into brine well (for softeners with no brine well, pour directly into salt tank when salt is low).
- Manually regenerate softener.
- Repeat regeneration if taste, odor, or discoloration is detected in discharge, cold soft water at tap nearest the softener until the odor or taste is gone.
Tannin Removal Systems – Mixed Bed Softener (Cation)/Organic Scavenger (Anion)
- Using the Pro Easy Feeder will eliminate bicarbonate fouling of the drain line in high hardness waters.
Pro Res Care® is a liquid Phosphoric Acid mixture not to be used with Gel Zeolite materials.
- Store in unopened containers under cool, dry conditions.
- Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Read relevant SDS before handling product.
Please contact us to purchase the Res Care product or to find out more information.