Stenner Pumps for Water Treatment Applications
Urbans Aqua stocks the most commonly used Stenner Pumps and parts for quick delivery to our dealers. Non-stocked parts are shipped within 24-72 hours.
Visit our PDF Library for technical specifications and product manuals on Stenner Pumps.
Stenner, established in 1957, manufactures peristaltic pumps for reliable and accurate dosing of liquids solutions for disinfection, oxidation, pH adjustment, iron sequestration and corrosion and scale control.
Take a look at the new Stenner S10P Flow Activated Pump
The S10P Series is a peristaltic metering pump activated by a water meter, control valve, flow switch or any control equipment that responds to water flow. The control equipment is wired to the pump input terminals to accept a dry contact or 12-24 VAC/VDC signal. The pump runs at a set time, a set speed or a set flow rate output according to the mode of operation selected. The flow rate outputs are up to 30 gallons per day at 100 psi maximum and the turndown is 10:1 and in the 10 PPG mode it is 4:1.
The control panel displays one of four operating modes, Seconds, Flow Switch, Auxiliary or 10 PPG and the percent setting for each. The functions are easy to program on the six button control pad with a backlit LCD window. Two buttons are required for operation and the keypad will automatically lock if it remains idle for one minute.
When using the 10 PPG mode with a 10 PPG water meter, chemical is dispensed ten times per gallon for steady distribution. Also with the 10 PPG mode, the mixing tank* can be eliminated for applications not requiring contact time.
*Mixing and retention tanks are still required for all bacterial and oxidation applications.
- Flashing Indicators Prime, Standby, Level, Leak, Change, Signal (excludes 10 PPG mode), Keypad Locked
- Leak Detect detects leak, pump shuts off, LEAK flashes on display, relay indication to another device
- Level flashes on display when pump receives a dry contact to the level input from a level sensing device detecting low solution in the tank
- Signal Repeater repeats the dry contact to another device in the Seconds, Flow Switch and 10 PPG modes of operation
- Pump Run Hours
Running total of the pump run hours, up to 65,000 hours, not resettable
- Tube Run Hours
Total hours the pump tube has been in service
- Tube Change Hours
Set the desired hours for the tube to run. When hours are exceeded, display flashes CHANGE as a tube replacement reminder
- Reset Tube Hours
Resets Tube Run Hours to zero
Modes Of Operation
The 10 PPG mode is used with a 10 PPG dry contact water meter and with process flows from 0.1 to 14.0 gallons per minute. The pump runs at the programmed flow rate output for each pulse. The flow rate output is adjustable from 50% to 100% in 5% increments. The connection is not polarity sensitive.
In the Seconds mode, the pump receives a dry contact from a water meter, control valve or any another type of control equipment that responds to flow. The pump runs for a programmed amount of time for each pulse. The run time is adjustable from 0.1 to 60 seconds.
In the Flow Switch mode, the pump accepts a dry contact from a 2 wire flow switch and runs at the programmed speed for as long as it receives the contact. The pump speed is adjustable from 10% to 100% in 1% increments.
In the Auxiliary mode, the pump accepts a 12-24 VAC/VDC signal from a control valve or another type of control equipment that responds to flow. The pump runs at a programmed speed for as long as it receives the signal. The speed is adjustable from 10% to 100% in 1% increments.
Why dealers should choose Stenner?
- Vast product line to fit all needs with a wide variety of pump options
- Product Confidence – Stenner peristaltic pumps are accurate and reliable.
- Safety – Consistent and accurate feed rate of chemicals like chlorine, peroxide, soda ash or permanganate to insure against household chemical spills and safe disinfection practices.
- Annual maintenance opportunity
- Guards against potential failure and unwanted insurance claims.
- Consumers should be educated about the implications of delaying or avoiding maintenance of a chemical feed pump.
- Chemical spills
- Health hazards resulting from too much or too little chemical feed.
- Annual Stenner pump maintenance is suggested to guard against premature tube and gear train failure and insure peak performance.
The Stenner pump line includes:
- Variable speed pumps
- 7 days/24-hour timer
- Proportional pumps
- Flow activated pumps
- Electromechanical pump
Why a Stenner peristaltic pump?
- The human gastrointestinal tract has smooth muscle tissue that contracts in sequence to produce a peristaltic wave – It’s this peristaltic action that propels the food along the digestive tract. Similarly, a peristaltic pump moves the liquid by physically rolling or pushing the chemical through the pump.
- Peristaltic pumps don’t lose prime – they are self-priming.
- The pumped fluids are never exposed to air or the mechanical moving parts – with proper maintenance no corrosion within or around the pump.
- Primes up to 25 feet.
- No check valves in head.
- Versatility – Interchangeable flow rate outputs with tube change and simple gear change over
- The Econ FP models can eliminate the need for a “piped in” water meter when interfaced with popular late model electronically controlled water softener controls with internal meters. This provides the ability to inject necessary chemicals either pre or post softener. Contact U/A to see if your softener has this option.
Water Conditioning Pump Applications
- pH Correction – Stenner has a variety of pumps for feeding chemicals to lower or raise pH. Sodium carbonate (soda ash) or sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) to increase pH or acidic solutions such as citric acid to reduce pH.
- Disinfection- Sodium hypochlorite (chlorine) is used to insure biologically safe drinking water with proper retention time. Stenner pumps are not affected by off-gassing solutions and can inject chlorine at full or diluted strength with soft water.
- Oxidation – Stenner peristaltic metering pumps accurately inject chlorine, hydrogen peroxide and potassium permanganate to oxidize and reduce unwanted contaminants like manganese, iron and hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odor).
- Corrosion & Scale – Use a Stenner pump to inject polyphosphate, an anti-scalant used to control corrosion of pipes.
Download the catalog: Stenner Catalog 2021
Classic Fixed Rate Single Head
The electromechanical Classic Single Head Fixed Output Injection pump works well with controllers. One of four types in Stenner’s Classic series, it is a peristaltic metering pump that injects solutions at a fixed rate. It can be activated by a water meter for proportional feed when treating residential drinking water.
- Classic Fixed Rate Injection Pump Features
- Self-priming against maximum working pressure, foot valve not required.
- Can run dry and does not clog from dirt and debris.
- Can pump off-gassing solutions without losing prime.
- Optional PCM module to interface with water meter.
- 3.0 to 85.0 gpd up to 25 psi max
- 2.0 to 40.0 gpd up to 100 psi max
- Operating temperature up to 125°F (52°C)
- Suction lift 25 ft. max
- Complies with ANSI/NSF standard 50
- Unique Stenner Features
- Interchangeable pump heads, tubes and gears to convert one model to another; not necessary to purchase a new pump.
- Easy and fast tube replacement without tools with the QuickPro® pump head.
- The pump is built with two detachable components; the motor and the pump head that can be separated without tools.
- Stenner Classic Single Head_Fixed_Specifications
- Stenner Classic Installation Guide
- Stenner Tank Assembly Classic Single Head and Econ
- Stenner Tank System Installation Classic Single Head and Econ
Econ FP is activated by flow and offers 3 control capabilities to choose from all in one pump. The Econ FP is perfect for light duty applications such as drinking water disinfection or pH adjustment. This pump features an enclosed housing, is wall mountable and suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
The Econ FP has three models with maximum outputs of 4.5, 16 and 30 gallons per day up to 80 psi max.
- Econ FP Features
- Field programmable to accept a dry contact signal or a 12-24 VAC/VDC input signal from any control equipment than responds to flow.
- Indoor/outdoor use
- 3-point roller design assists in anti-siphon protection.
- Pump head requires no valves and allows for easy maintenance.
- Self-priming against maximum working pressure, foot valve not required.
- Pump does not lose prime or vapor lock.
- Pumps off-gassing solutions and can run dry.
- Output volume is not affected by back pressure.
- Easy to change pump tube, no lubrication is required.
- 4.5-30.0 gpd up to 80 psi max
- Unique Stenner Features
- Almost effortless tube replacement with patented quick release pump head.
- Solid one-piece tube construction.
- Attach pump to a wall with optional mounting accessories.
Stocked Stenner Pumps
Stocked Stenner Accessories
- Time adjustable controller for use in proportional dosing for constant pressure (variable speed) well pumps and applications with varying flow rates requiring proportional injection.
- The PCM powers a fixed rate output pump.
- Operates with a pulsing dry contact water meter that sends a signal to the PCM which actuates the pump to deliver the desired dose based upon water flow.
- Flexibility with water meter selection.
- To customize your own proportional feed installation, meters are available in plastic or stainless steel with a variety of sizes and pulse rates.
Pump Tubes – The pump tube is the workhorse of the pump and requires scheduled replacement according to the needs of each individual application.
QuickPro® Pump Head
- The patent pending QuickPro® pump head is easily identified by the collapsible roller assembly with latches (not screws) that secure the cover.
- For quick service, replacing the pump head assembly is a convenient option.
- The injection check valve is included with pumps rated 100 psi maximum
- The injection fitting is included with pumps rated 25 psi maximum
Check Valve Parts
ECON Mounting Options
EC304 Mounting Kit for wall mount or Stenner tank.
Downloads & Link: