Iron Removal – Master Fusion Ozone
Urbans Aqua supplies a variety of custom residential and commercial iron filters.
The EPA considers iron to be a “nuisance” chemical. Iron has an aesthetically unpleasing taste and may result in corrosion and staining. The SMCL (secondary maximum contaminant level) limit for iron is .3 ppm.
See the Master Fusion Application Guide
Consult Urbans Aqua to choose the best solution. Selection of the iron filter is dependent on the water analysis. Iron Filter choices include:
- Water Softeners
- Ozone such as the Master Fusion Ozone System
- Air injection oxidizing filters
- Oxidation followed by a Filter Ag Plus® or Turbidex filters
- Media systems such as Birm® and GreensandPlus® filters
Master Fusion Ozone Water Purification works for Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen Sulfide (Rotten Egg Odor) Reduction
Your customers expect their water to be clear, clean and odor free throughout the home. Master Fusion whole house ozone systems are designed to reduce iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide. The EPA has set a maximum contaminant level for iron at 3 ppm and manganese at .05 ppm. Low levels of hydrogen sulfide have an aesthetically unpleasant odor and has not been found to be carcinogenic to humans.
Iron & Manganese Removal
When a water softener isn’t the solution for iron and manganese removal, professionals often choose oxidation with air or chlorine followed by filtration. This tried and true method works well. Once oxidized, iron and manganese can be filtered. The most common oxidant is chlorine. In recent years, scientists have discovered that chorine creates a harmful by-product known as THM (trihalomethane) and HAA5 (Halo acetic acids). The EPA has determined that “these disinfection by-products, if consumed over many years, may increase health hazards”.
Hydrogen Sulfide Removal
Hydrogen sulfide is a regional problem. This unpleasant odor, often described as “rotten egg odor”, can be detected at levels ranging from 0.0005 to 0.3 parts hydrogen sulfide per million parts of air (ppm). Like iron and manganese, this contaminant is easily oxidized and filtered. In many cases professionals will follow up with catalytic carbon to remove residual odor and chlorine.
Although chlorine is an effective oxidant, a healthier alternative is ozone.
- Ozone naturally deactivates contaminants through oxidation.
- Ozone produces no disinfection by-products.
- Ozone is 1.5 times stronger than chlorine and air.
- Ozone is environmentally friendly
- Ozone has been used for water purification since 1906.
The MasterFusion Ozone system is a simple one tank solution that leaves water tasting clean and fresh.
- Easy installation and serviceability
- Designed for longevity, featuring a double layer of protection to ensure the brine elbow check valve stays properly inserted.
- All internals, including the entire volume of the mineral tank gets cleaned with ozone every regeneration
- User-friendly interface
- No mixing of chemicals or feed pump maintenance
- Safe for pips and septic systems
- Cleanable, reusable corona cell