Nitrate Reduction Systems
Point Of Use Systems
RO (Reverse Osmosis) systems can be used for point of use (under counter) drinking water applications.
- Urbans Aqua stocks WOW RO’s, Pentair Freshpoint and RObust systems.
Whole House Nitrate Reduction Systems
Clack Valve Platform
Your customers expect their water to be clear and clean throughout the home. When properly sized nitrate removal systems reduce nitrates to acceptable mcl levels. The EPA has set maximum contaminant levels (mcl) for nitrate as NO3-1 at 10.0 mg/L (as N) and Nitrite as NO2-1 at 1.0 mg/L (as N). While it is possible to use Type I and II anion exchange resins, the safest treatment for point of entry (POE) drinking water is nitrate selective ion exchange resin.
Pre-treatment of the water with a softener and or iron removal systems may be required ahead of the nitrate system. Considering potential health concerns proper sizing of nitrate systems is imperative. We recommend a full water analysis including total anions prior to application.
Sources of Nitrate
- Human Sewage – malfunctioning septic systems
- Livestock manure runoff
- Erosion of natural deposits
Nitrate Health Effects
- Methemoglobinemia (blue baby syndrome)
- Most potential health effects are seen in infants under 6 months.
Whole house treatment is strongly recommended although other treatment methods are available for point use – reverse osmosis and distillation.
- NSF/ANSI certified components
- Clack 1” Valve with 1” high flow internal distribution
- Premium grade Nitrate Selective ion exchange resin
- Brine tank with float assembly and alarm
- Nitrate free water at every tap.
- Operates problem free for years with rugged valves.
Clack Valve Features
- Engineered for low noticeable pressure drop during occasional peak demand.
- Solid State microprocessor with easy access front panel settings
- Front panel display for time of day, days until next regeneration, volume remaining, current flow rate and totalizer (total volume used), and “tank in service indication”.
- Four methods to initiate regeneration.
- Optional double backwash feature.
- Coin Cell Lithium battery back-up with an 8 hour carry over.
Nitrate System Component Details - Clack
|WQA Gold Seal Certified Resin||Yes||Nitrate Selective|
|Fiberglass Tank||Yes||Natural Color Only
|NSF Certified Clack Valve 1"||Yes||1x60" High Flow Distributor Tube|
|NSF Certified Clack Valve 1.25"||Yes||1.25" Distributor Tube w/930 Basket|
|Brine Tank with Float Assembly||Yes||Size Varies by Model; Color matches fiberglass tank|
|Bypass Valve||Optional||Strongly recommended for service interuptions.|
|Adapter Kit||Yes||Must Specify with Order|
- Tank size and color may vary based upon local requirements.
- Mineral tank color will match brine tank color.
- Systems do not have plumbing connections included. Order separately.
Nitrate Reduction Systems Clack Valve
|Model||Capacity||Resin (CF)||Service Flow Rate (GPM)||Min. Backwash Flow Rate (GPM)||Brine System||Mineral Tank Size|
|HSOMP-CLRN-30BY||Analysis Dependent||1||2-5||1.2||16x33 Round|
|HSOMP-CLRN-45BY||Analysis Dependent||1.5||5-8||1.5||16x33 Round|
|HSOMP-CLRN-50BY||Analysis Dependent||2||8-10||2||16x33 Round|